Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Sundered (The Nevermore Trilogy Anniversary Edition #1) by Shannon Mayer

Sundered (The Nevermore Trilogy, #1)Sundered by Shannon Mayer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mara & Sebastian bring us into a world that could be today... in Canada... that becomes a nightmare overnight. A young couple who seemingly have it all... except the child Mara so desperately wants. When a seeming "miracle" drug appears that should end their fertility issues Mara jumps at the chance to use it - only to learn she's allergic to the primary component. And, then things start to unravel...

Shannon is a true wordsmith, and I adore her ability to create worlds that let you "live" with the characters in her stories. I had not read the original trilogy before so I can't compare this revision to the original, but I can say that this series is worth a read.

Unlike her other series - Rylee Adamson & The Elemental - this series is not a genre I would normally read on my own. I feel this series would appeal to anyone who enjoys post-apocalyptic and/or zombie stories . While this series doesn't truly deal with zombies the creatures are similar enough that they have that type of feeling/read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment